Rain may fall. After the storm
After a rainbow..a little rain may fall.
My friend facebook messaged me late afternoon Christmas Eve to tell me the woman that inspired this poem and these posts, has cancer. He messaged me because she asked him to. And she wanted me to have her new number so I could call her. I emailed her, messaged her, and this morning I called and left a voice mail message. I do not know what kind of cancer she has but according to my friend (her nephew) she’s really sick. I am replaying our interactions and I am grateful that I was loving to her in every moment we were together and that I told her how I felt at every point. The only thing that I said that I kind of feel stupid about is that “oh..well I’m sure we’ll see each other, we’re interested in so many of the same things, we volunteer together, you’re a talented photographer, I believe in you, I am sure we’ll work together in future.” I assumed that there’d be a future and this reminds me that all we have is now.
My morning meditation today was: I am aware. I am free to make choices. I am a whole person. I am thankful to be alive.
Love your people and yourselves.
Love with your whole beautiful heart
A new year is approaching. New conditions invite new responses.
I got the following from a friend’s FB status:
THIS IS HOW YOU STAY YOUNG (IN HEART)
1. Try everything twice.
2. Keep only cheerful friends.
The grouches pull you down. (keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches)
3. Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain get idle.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. If you have a friend who makes you laugh,spend lots and lots of time with HIM/HER.
6. The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. LIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love: Whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second chance.